Looking for digital content?
My name is James. I'm a motivated and ambitious digital and web content creative, specialising in creating eye-catching branded assets, driving social media engagement, and overseeing multi-layered digital marketing campaigns. With experience spanning the leisure, politics, third sector, and entertainment industries, I have been able to develop a diverse portfolio encompassing a variety of creative and commercially-driven short- and long-form content.
Adept at developing creative website concepts, focusing on striking, responsive, and clean design.
Well-versed in a variety of Content Management Systems, most notably WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla.
Experienced in creating web content around intuitive user journeys, pushing calls to action and marketing goals.
Developing organic and promoted marketing strategies involving Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, specialising with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro.
Proven ability to deliver on KPIs with intelligent digital marketing tactics, including EDMs and targeted advertising.
Dedicated to driving website success through effective search engine optimisation, and reporting on performance therein.
Working with Google Analytics to provide insight on website performance, using reports to measure campaign success.
Highly knowledgeable on current web and social media trends, informing forward look strategy and planning.
Skilled and confident at all levels of video production, including filming, editing, titles, and sound mixing.
Familiar with HTML5 and CSS. Experienced in communicating with web developers and troubleshooting code.
Passionate about writing for a variety of audiences, ranging from short news pieces to lengthy blog content.
Senior Digital Content Designer | Nov 2019 - Present
Infinity Creative Media
Head of Digital Content | July 2018 - Nov 2019
• Chiefly responsible for the overall digital marketing strategies for the company’s television series and events, including multi-million pound properties The Wine Show, The Football Show, and The Best FIFA Football Awards.
• Spearheading production of digital assets and ongoing content marketing strategy, including video, graphics, social media, and web design.
• Creating bespoke digital marketing campaigns around show launches and other commercial activities, making effective use of limited budgets via intelligent user targeting and striking digital content.
• End-to-end creation of show reels and sizzles for new TV concepts, supporting pitches for investment, commercial tie-ins, and ongoing brand exposure.
• Working alongside media veterans Russ Lindsay and Ross Westgate, providing ongoing support, commercial strategy, and creative input to the business as a whole.
The Charity for Civil Servants
Digital Content Manager | Mar 2017 - July 2018
• Managing e-communication channels to build support for and publicise the work of the Charity internally and externally.
• Overseeing concept, planning, and delivery of a variety of digital content ranging from articles, videos, and interactive tests.
• Strategic planning around social media channels, supporting integrated issue-led campaigns with intelligent social media tactics.
• Utilising strong analytical ability to evaluate end to end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touchpoints.
• Researched, prototyped, and delivered a brand new website for 2018, addressing previous issues around responsive design, inefficient user journey, and outdated design trends.
Westminster Forum Projects
Communications Officer | Feb 2016 - Feb 2017
• Responsible for drafting and proofreading all external communications.
• Liaising with delegates, speakers, and forum leads to ensure factually correct and up-to-date publications.
• Maintaining and developing the company’s social media presence.
• Designated company graphic designer, producing images and designs for a full-scale website rebranding, as well as other relevant promotional imagery.
Film & Culture Publications | Oct 2013 - Present
• Have authored over 100 written pieces, including reviews, features, and news items.
• Regular contributions to The London Film Review, The Cult Den, and Film Inquiry, as well as my own blog.
• Elevated to an editorial position within The London Film Review, responsible for screening fellow contributors’ work and publicising the site through Google and social media.
Marketing Manager | Jul 2013 - Feb 2016
• Liaising with film distributors and production company representatives to develop site-specific marketing strategies.
• Essential in developing business strategy and delivering or exceeding key performance indicators, such as attendance, retail revenue, and market share.
• Combined management duties with a more supervisory ‘front of house’ role, motivating and ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼strategising with a 30-strong team to achieve excellent guest service and net promoter score.
Marketing Internship | Mar 2013 - Jul 2013
• Short-term role assisting in the rebrand of London-based film production company Brunswick Studios.
• Contributed ideas to the rejuvenated house style and corporate imagery of the company, developing graphics, logos, and web pages.
Red Buddha Films
Graphic & Web Designer | Dec 2012 – Jan 2013
• Designed graphic and web assets to promote low-budget independent feature film The Diana Clone.
• Performed supplementary editing tasks for promotional trailer.
Assistant Editor | Sept 2012 – Jan 2013
• Assistant Editor on Cereal Killers, working with acclaimed documentary filmmaker Yolanda Barker.
• Performed many important post-production tasks; including fine cutting, re-cutting, sound mixing, end credits, and basic 2D animation.
• Editor of promotional trailer that gathered distribution interest from BBC Northern Ireland.
Internships, projects, part-time | July 2011 – March 2013
• Undertook a variety of small media projects, including video editing for Creeping Mist Productions and AMG Vision Reel.
• Retail and supervisory work supporting studies, including roles with ODEON Cinemas, KOOSA Kids, and HMV.
University of Portsmouth
BA (Hons) Film Studies & Entertainment Technology | 2008 - 2011
• Academic and practical disciplines, including film history, video production, scriptwriting, and graphic design.
• Substantial experience with video editing and graphic design software, camera and sound equipment.
• Collaboration with fellow students on a variety of film projects, taking up voluntary roles as team leader and head of post-production.
• Studied a variety of other media forms, including magazines, newspapers, and online content.
• Elected course representative for Film Studies, and Combined Honours.
• Graduated with first class honours.
Content strategy: planning and delivering standout content | 22 February 2018
Chartered Institute of Marketing
Google Analytics | 16 November 2017